Puppy Feeding Guide
MAKE RAW YOUR FIRST CHOICE
STARTING YOUR PUPPY OFF ON THE RIGHT PAW
It's important that you leave any preconceived idea of dog food behind because you are now entering a new chapter of pet nutrition. Puppies can transition a lot faster than adults and there are a couple of ground rules. We help transition several puppies every week with great success.
- Do not mix wet or dry dog food with raw.
- Defrost in the fridge and never cook food intended to be fed raw.
- Have two meal times per day (three under 16 weeks old).
- Feed after gentle exercise to stimulate appetite.
- Do not leave food down to be grazed.
- Feed only natural treats from a reputable supplier.
- Supervise your puppy at meal times.
Food is a reward and your puppy should look forward to meal times with great enthusiasm!
DAYS 1 - 3
DAYS 4 - 6
DAYS 7 - 9
Water consumption may have reduced and stools may have become much firmer at this point. What a transformation already! Your puppy will drink less because raw food contains a considerable amount of moisture. They are also utilising their food creating less waste. You can now introduce another protein such as Dog Knosh Duck & Tripe.
DAYS 10 - 12
DAYS 13 AND BEYOND
TAKING OUT THE GUESSWORK
- Nutriment for weaning and smaller breed puppies.
- Vom og Hundemat for its good quality and great value for money.
- The Easy Raw Dog Food Co for its artisan, high quality 100g portions.
- Cotswold RAW for its unique recipe that promotes good gut health.
- Naturaw for its use of organic meats and eco-friendly packaging.
SUPPORTING CANINE BODY SYSTEMS
Over the years, we have encountered several misinformed dog owners feeding diets particularly low in protein variety and essential fatty acids. We have found from personal experience that strictly prey model feeding does not suffice. Therefore, if using mainly DIY or 80/10/10 products, we emphasise the use of supplements (below) that can enhance your dogs diet.
Supplements that can boost your puppies health:
- Organic Kefir
- Bone Broth
- Proflax Oil
- Super Greens
- Herbal Powders